Diffstat (limited to 'Config.in')
1 files changed, 10 insertions, 6 deletions
@@ -536,15 +536,19 @@ comment "enabling Stack Smashing Protection requires support in the toolchain"
depends on !BR2_TOOLCHAIN_HAS_SSP
- bool "prefer static libraries"
+ bool "build statically linked applications, no dynamic libraries"
- Where possible, build and use static libraries for the target.
- This potentially increases your code size and should only be
+ Build all applications for the target statically linked.
+ This potentially increases your filesystem size and should only be
used if you know what you do.
- The default is to build dynamic libraries and use those on
- the target filesystem.
- WARNING: This is highly experimental at the moment.
+ Note that some applications cannot be build statically and so are
+ intentionally disabled.
+ The default (if this option is disabled) is to build dynamic
+ libraries and dynamically link applications to use those on the
+ target filesystem.
string "location of a package override file"