In some situations, users may want to tweak the dynamic section of the
binaries (for example to add/set the RPATH to $ORIGIN/../lib).
Because it is not trivial to do it properly from the Buildroot
infrastructure, allow those users to use patchelf (e.g. from a
post-build script) to tweak binaries.
patchelf is able to:
- modify an existing DT_RUNPATH tags
- add a DT_RUNPATH tag if not already present
- do the above to the DT_RPATH tag, too
- set the path to the interpreter
- remove DT_NEEDED tags
- query a binary for the DT_RUNPATH/DT_RPATH tag, or for the
Does not really fix #7172, but this is an appropriate workaround.
[Thomas: change license to GPLv3+, as mentionned in the project's
Signed-off-by: "Yann E. MORIN" <email@example.com>
Cc: Mike Zick <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Reviewed-by: Thomas De Schampheleire <email@example.com>
Signed-off-by: Thomas Petazzoni <firstname.lastname@example.org>