|author||Denys Vlasenko <email@example.com>||2011-09-22 02:55:47 (GMT)|
|committer||Denys Vlasenko <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2011-09-22 02:55:47 (GMT)|
mdev: trim overlong comments. No code changes
Signed-off-by: Denys Vlasenko <email@example.com>
1 files changed, 1 insertions, 30 deletions
diff --git a/util-linux/mdev.c b/util-linux/mdev.c
index 0b3e06c..c6be1b8 100644
@@ -93,26 +93,6 @@
//usage: "If /dev/mdev.seq file exists, mdev will wait for its value\n"
//usage: "to match $SEQNUM variable. This prevents plug/unplug races.\n"
//usage: "To activate this feature, create empty /dev/mdev.seq at boot."
-//usage:#define mdev_notes_usage ""
-//usage: "The mdev config file contains lines that look like:\n"
-//usage: " hd[a-z][0-9]* 0:3 660\n\n"
-//usage: "That's device name (with regex match), uid:gid, and permissions.\n\n"
-//usage: "Optionally, that can be followed (on the same line) by a special character\n"
-//usage: "and a command line to run after creating/before deleting the corresponding\n"
-//usage: "device(s). The environment variable $MDEV indicates the active device node\n"
-//usage: "(which is useful if it's a regex match). For example:\n\n"
-//usage: " hdc root:cdrom 660 *ln -s $MDEV cdrom\n\n"
-//usage: "The special characters are @ (run after creating), $ (run before deleting),\n"
-//usage: "and * (run both after creating and before deleting). The commands run in\n"
-//usage: "the /dev directory, and use system() which calls /bin/sh.\n\n"
-//usage: "Config file parsing stops on the first matching line. If no config\n"
-//usage: "entry is matched, devices are created with default 0:0 660. (Make\n"
-//usage: "the last line match .* to override this.)\n\n"
@@ -134,20 +114,11 @@
* (todo: explain "delete" and $FIRMWARE)
* If /etc/mdev.conf exists, it may modify /dev/device_name's properties.
- * /etc/mdev.conf file format:
- * [-][subsystem/]device user:grp mode [>|=path]|[!] [@|$|*command args...]
- * [-]@maj,min[-min2] user:grp mode [>|=path]|[!] [@|$|*command args...]
- * [-]$envvar=val user:grp mode [>|=path]|[!] [@|$|*command args...]
* Leading minus in 1st field means "don't stop on this line", otherwise
* search is stopped after the matching line is encountered.
- * The device name or "subsystem/device" combo is matched against 1st field
- * (which is a regex), or maj,min is matched against 1st field,
- * or specified environment variable (as regex) is matched against 1st field.
- * $envvar=val format is useful for loading modules for hot-plugged devices
+ * $envvar=regex format is useful for loading modules for hot-plugged devices
* which do not have driver loaded yet. In this case /sys/class/.../dev
* does not exist, but $MODALIAS is set to needed module's name
* (actually, an alias to it) by kernel. This rule instructs mdev