|author||Denis Vlasenko <email@example.com>||2007-10-07 20:46:34 +0000|
|committer||Denis Vlasenko <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2007-10-07 20:46:34 +0000|
libbusybox: move (possibly compressed) help stuff into libbusybox.
Makes individual binaries much smaller.
Diffstat (limited to 'Config.in')
1 files changed, 7 insertions, 6 deletions
@@ -283,14 +283,15 @@ config STATIC
bool "Build shared libbusybox"
+ depends on !FEATURE_PREFER_APPLETS
- Build a shared library libbusybox.so which contains all
- libraries used inside busybox.
+ Build a shared library libbusybox.so.N.N.N which contains all
+ busybox code.
- This is an experimental feature intended to support the upcoming
- "make standalone" mode. Enabling it against the one big busybox
- binary serves no purpose (and increases the size). You should
- almost certainly say "no" to this right now.
+ This feature allows every applet to be built as a tiny
+ separate executable. Enabling it for "one big busybox binary"
+ approach serves no purpose and increases code size.
+ You should almost certainly say "no" to this.
### config FEATURE_FULL_LIBBUSYBOX
### bool "Feature-complete libbusybox"