|author||Denis Vlasenko <email@example.com>||2007-11-23 23:28:55 +0000|
|committer||Denis Vlasenko <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2007-11-23 23:28:55 +0000|
kill lash. "lash" builtin still exists, but it runs hush.
Diffstat (limited to 'TODO')
1 files changed, 3 insertions, 8 deletions
@@ -22,12 +22,9 @@ Rob Landley <email@example.com>:
The command shell situation is a big mess. We have three or four different
shells that don't really share any code, and the "standalone shell" doesn't
work all that well (especially not in a chroot environment), due to apps not
- being reentrant. I'm writing a new shell (bbsh) to unify the various
- shells and configurably add the minimal set of bash features people
- actually use. The hardest part is it has to configure down as small as
- lash while providing lash's features. The rest is easy in comparison.
- Compression-side support.
+ being reentrant.
+ lash is phased out. hush can be configured down to be nearly as small,
+ but less buggy :)
General cleanup (should use ENABLE_FEATURE_INIT_SYSLOG and ENABLE_FEATURE_INIT_DEBUG).
@@ -35,8 +32,6 @@ Rob Landley <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
use of the depmod.pl (perl is to bloated for most embedded setups) and or orig
modutils. The orig depmod is rather pointless to have to add to a firmware image
in when we already have a insmod/rmmod and friends.
- Unify base64 handling.
Do a SUSv3 audit
Look at the full Single Unix Specification version 3 (available online at